Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Getting a PHD in Chickens

I feel silly. I have read more about raising chickens than I ever did about raising children. I am having a hoot. The coop has been ordered, the floor is in and we should have the bare coop here within a couple of weeks. It will be quite the coop. The girls will be living the life. Not so sure my dogs are happy about the "girls" but...... I cannot believe how excited I am about raising chickens. Wait, it does not stop there. I am even entertaining a cow and pig. This is crazy. Who would have ever thought. I guess for now I will put my red boots on and see how it goes with the girls before I become a true farmer. The smell is the only thing that would hold me back. Have a beautiful spring day.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should look in alpine goats and alpacas. Then you won't have to worry about the smell. Alpacas are more like dogs, reguire very little work and there are people who will come to your "farm" and sheer them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now my sweet Beverly. I know nothing of goats (except they eat EVERYTHING) or Alpaca's. I don't know how an Alpaca burger would taste. Come see me in Vermont and we can discuss this whole farm thing over a large glass of iced lemonade. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just logged in with my google account maybe now this will work. Sure wish I was in the condition to drive to Vermont an be part of your life. For now this will have to do. Love you Shelly!

    ReplyDelete