Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Acts of Kindness

I get great pleasure doing things for others and a couple of years ago I started something that also brings me great pleasure. I bought a couple of little hearts made of silver at a local Art Gallery and at different times I placed them on my husbands key board. This went on for awhile and I would find little things here and there. It had been awhile since I hade done that and I again bought some different shapes of hearts. Rather than using a bag, I just dropped them in my coin purse. Before I got a chance to do it I was paying for something somewhere and the cashier was having a horrible day. The customers were agitated bacause the line was so long and even though she called for help, no one came. So when it came my turn I was more than compashionate than usual and when I went to give her change I noticed the hearts I had bought for my husband. I counted out the change and included a heart with it. The look on her face was pricesless. My heart grew that day knowing that even the simplest things can make a difference. I suggest you put your red shoes on and make a difference. It is a wonderful feeling and very unique. Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment