Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

So, were we good to ourselves yesterday or did we expect someone else to treat us special?. I used to do that every year and every year I was crushed. It didn't matter that my husband was good to me every day of the year but boy was he in trouble if he didn't remember Valentines Day. That means he was in trouble at least once a year. He is not a hallmark type of guy and never will be. I have learned not to set the expectations and I am not crushed anymore. It is more important to treat ourselves like a queen all year long than to expect it once a year by someone else. Even when they do do something, it is usually not enough. Right. The wrong color of flowers, a restaurant we don't care for etc. Think about it. We can set ourselved up for disappointment when we set expectations. They didn't put enough effort into it. They must not care. Now that we know this we can let go of the expectations and plan our celebrations accordingly and have a great time. Expectations are a terrible thing and we should not do it. If we want them to do something for us we need to write it down word for word so they get it and they don't get it wrong. If we do this, we can celebrate Valentines Day. If not, good luck, I hope you have a beautiful day. Happy V-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment