Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2011

To be Right or to be Happy.

Are you the type to be right or to be happy?. I say this from my most infuriating experience of being right and I will explain a good example. I go to Costco at least once a week. Almost every single time, I am in a rage before I even get out of the truck. First off you have to find a spot that does not already have a cart obtaining the space, (that is what starts my blood boiling). So, ya get out of the truck and move the cart so you can get in and that is my cart for the day. No drama. Then you walk closer to the doors and see some _______ putting their cart into the handicap spot. OMG. This would send me over the edge. I would kindly say to the person "you really are not going to leave that there are you"? and the exchange of words would begin. This has been a part of my Costco experience ever since I have been going to Costco. So, you all might be thinking what a bitch I am or that it is not any of my business anyway. Well, you all might be right but my point is this.I will never have control over what others do that I do not like so it is up to me to change my glasses and see the situation differently or my experience at Costco will always be the same. Don't think this is an easy task for me or that every muscle in my body isn't tight or that I do it every time But, I am trying my best to put my red shoes on every time I go there and just accept it. I get out of my truck, move the cart, park the truck and start putting a smile on my face before I see anyone else. Then I proceed to the doors and when I see someone doing this, I simply say, would you like for me to put that away for you?. Some day I would like to think I could say that and mean it but I am totally not there yet. Do we want to be right or do we want to be Happy. I choose to put my red shoes on and be happy. I can not be concerned with what others are thinking or doing. Have a beautiful day at Cotco.

2 comments:

  1. Shelly, YOU are a good person! And a GREAT example to all mankind! AND I love you for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had similar things happen to me at Sam's club which is the same type of store. Christmas time I had a great shopping experience, everyone was kind and happy to be there...when I went to leave and was loading my car with my goodies I witnessed a very awful sound coming a couple cars down. I looked up to see an old beatin up truck. The old man getting out of it matched the old truck and so did his attitude. He slammed his rusty old door into someones fairly new car. I gave him a look and he said "take a picture it last longer." I was left speechless for a moment. Then said "well you have a great day too." He said something awful back to me and walked into the store. I went over to check on the car's door. I would have left a note if there would have been a scratch on it.

    ReplyDelete