Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I love you!

I will admit, I am a needy kinda gal. I need to hear this from my husband all the time and still wonder if he loves me. Separate topic. So the other day I said I was going to tell my kids I love them but in a way they would always remember. Both my boys have freckles and one is left handed and one is right. So I said, "You know what I really love about you, I love your freckle on the left cheek right under the other freckle". I told the other one the same but on his right cheek. This was at different times but they both looked at me like I was a freak. I know that they will always remember this because they still remember what color I love them. I love one the purplest. So, put your red shoes on and tell someone why you love them.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good one Shelley. I used to ask Teddy....How much do you love me and he'd stretch his arms as far as he could reach and say "This much". there's photo on my profile photo's of a credit type card that he bought me later in life with that similar saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to share with you what I was inspired to do in my Kindergarten classroom after I read what you had to say about I love you.
    I sat each student around the edge of the large classroom carpet. I told each child what I loved about them. They sat so quietly and had a smile on their little faces. It was easy to do, no matter the child. Thanks Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete